He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 40:29-31

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Little Blood, A Beating Heart and Halloween

This is such a crazy week. After spending all day at Hopkins on Monday getting Joshua blood and then an echo cardiogram, we were back there first thing on Tuesday for a trip to the OR. Joshua's spinal went much better this time since we knocked him completely out. He still has about 13 more or so to go so it's nice to see things go smoothly. His cold is back but they were still able to do the procedure. Adam is miserable with the same cold and I think they have shared their germs with me.

Today, I get to take Noah for his 5 year well child visit and then tomorrow both Noah and Adam will visit the dentist. I'm telling you that I can't believe I actually schedule all of this torture. I must be crazy. And then to top things off, Joshua's oncologist called yesterday to say that his echo had changed and they aren't sure if it's from the fact that he had just gotten a unit of blood or if it's from the chemo. I thought it was odd to schedule the echo right after he finished receiving blood but I didn't question it so we get what we get. Anyway, we are scheduled to do yet another echo next week and hopefully his heart functions are back to what they were. If not, we have to drop the cardio toxic chemo. I just love that saying. Cardio toxic. Yeah, give that to my son. Sounds good.

But, on the positive side of things, Joshua's ANC was over 3500 and except for the cold, we should be able to make trick or treating. The boys are super excited. Noah is a monkey this year, Adam and dragon and Joshua a bat. Mommy is just excited that I was able to get at least one more year of the "cute" costumes before they decide to be some superhero, bloody, scary or terrible monster. Because you know boys and yeah, I've got three of them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going as good as they can. The truth of the matter is, without cancer in your family's life, you would still be takign Noah for his 5-yr appt, the twins to the dentist, and battling colds. So truth be told in a sense you are still living a "normal" life yours is just compounded with LOTS of background
"stuff". I sure can't wait until you post some Halloween photos and I pray everything stays on track so everyone can enjoy the holiday.

Anonymous said...

I wish Dalton was into the cute custumes. He is 4 and is the blue power ranger this year. Last year was Spiderman and the year before with Buzz Lightyear. Anyway, they are still cute no matter what costume they are in.

Anissa Mayhew said...

Ugggg, I'm sorry to hear the echo results. We had a similar event happen, right after blood was administered, the next time we did it all was normal. So praying and hoping that it is the same for Joshua.

Happy Candy high!

love love love
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org